These No-Bake Brownie Energy Bites are like little balls of brownie batter. They make an excellent snack that will fuel your body with energy and provide you with a host of nutrients and anti-oxidants.Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
I love how portable energy bites are, they're one of my favourite ways to get a quick energy boost on the go. There's nothing more satisfying than a snack that tastes like an indulgent treat but that you know is actually good for you.
These No-Bake Brownie Energy Bites taste like a fudgy dark chocolate brownie but are made with ingredients that are nutritious and beneficial to our health.
How to Make No Bake Energy Bites
Making energy bites is relatively easy. Most recipes require basic ingredients that can be found in your grocery store or health food store.
A food processor helps speed up the time it takes to transform the dates into a paste and mix in the remainder of the ingredients.
Once you have the right consistency, rolling the mixture into balls is easy and you can even get your kids to help. And since they are meant to be eaten raw there is no need to bake them.
They're also easily adaptable to suit your tastes and can be made with seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, chia) instead of nuts to avoid any problems with allergies or to make them safe for school snacks.
If you like, you can roll the energy bites into dry coconut flakes, finely chopped nuts (or seeds) or cocoa powder.
These Brownie Energy Bites are full of ingredients that are good for you, contain no refined sugar and are a great snack for you and your active family.
No Bake Brownie Energy Bites
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup popped quinoa
- 2 tbsp. raw cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. cocoa nibs optional and can be replaced with a few more walnuts.
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. turmeric optional, can replace with cinnamon
- In the bowl of your food processor, add the pitted dates*, walnuts, popped quinoa, raw cocoa powder, cocoa nibs, vanilla extract and turmeric.
- Process on low until all ingredients come together.
- Scoop one tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- This recipe should give you 15 to 16 energy bites. Store in the refrigerator for up to a week or in the freezer. Best served chilled.