This Smoked Salmon and Boursin Crostini has only a few ingredients, can be assembled in minutes and is sure to impress your guests.
Appetizers made with smoked salmon have always been a favourite with my family and friends and so today I’m sharing this amazingly delicious yet so easy and quick to make Smoked Salmon and Boursin Crostini.
Most of us live very busy lives and sometimes this can leave us with very little time to prepare for dinner parties. If you are left scrambling trying to figure out something special to serve that won’t take you all day to prepare then consider this delicious Smoked Salmon and Boursin Crostini.
This appetizer is made with 5 ingredients, well, ok 6 if you consider olive oil on the crostini an ingredient! This Smoked Salmon and Boursin Crostini can be ready in minutes and looks beautiful once assembled. You can toast your slices of baguette ahead of time and let them cool until you are just about ready to party! To prepare this appetizer, begin by combining the Boursin cheese with sour cream and whisk it vigorously to form this velvety smooth cream that can be easily spread on the toasted bread. Spread the mixture on the crostini and then lay a slice of smoked salmon on top. If desired, sprinkle with a tiny amount of freshly ground smoked pepper (regular pepper) and top with a spear or two of fresh chives. Et voilà, you’re done! I assure you every bite of this appetizer is scrumptious!
- 24 slices of baguette (that’s about 1/2 baguette sliced into 1/4-inch rounds)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 7 tbsp. Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs
- 7 tbsp. sour cream I used full fat
- 1/2 tsp. smoked pepper (optional but so good)
- a few sprigs of fresh chives optional
- Place a rack 6 inches from the broiler element and heat the broiler on high.
- Set the slices of baguette on a baking sheet. Brush the tops with a little olive oil.
- Place the baking sheet under the broiler and toast the bread until they are crispy and lightly golden on top, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk the Boursin cheese with the sour cream until you have a lump free creamy consistency.
- Take the crostini and spread the creamy cheese on top. Place the smoked salmon over the cheese spread and sprinkle with a tiny bit of smoked pepper (if you have it).
- To finish, garnish with fresh chives.
- Serve immediately.