Last Updated on July 2, 2019 by Sweet and Savoury Pursuits
The addition of a Reese's peanut butter miniature cup in the middle of each cookie makes these Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies a real treat.Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
If you are a fan of peanut butter and chocolate then you will love these cookies! They are definitely one of the best peanut butter cookies I've ever tasted!
These cookies are a little more labour intensive but if you are a true peanut butter and chocolate lover, then I promise you they will be worth the effort. These cookies are soft, chewy and just full of peanut buttery flavour. The addition of a Reese's peanut butter miniature cup in the middle of each cookie makes them a real treat.
The recipe for these Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies is from Sally's Baking Addiction, I only made minor changes to it.
Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies
Ingredients for cookies:
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 20 Reese’s Miniature Peanut Butter cups unwrapped
For the drizzle:
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. creamy peanut butter
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer, add butter and both sugars. Cream together until well mixed.
- Add peanut butter, egg and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add the flour mixture. Mix until dough comes together.
- Using a number 60 scoop, scoop the cookie dough and form into balls.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with non stick liner or parchment paper.
- Once all the dough is formed into balls, refrigerate the cookie sheet for 30 minutes.
- Remove cookie sheet from the refrigerator and place one unwrapped miniature peanut butter cup onto one dough ball, top with another dough ball and press together, making sure to seal the sides of the cookie.
- Once all the cookies are assembled and rolled back into nicely formed balls place cookies two inches apart on the sheet and place the sheet back in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Place a rack in the centre of your oven and preheat your oven 350°F.
- Remove the cookie sheet from the refrigerator and bake cookies for 12 minutes, or until tops are set and cookies are golden on the bottom.
- Let cookies cool on the cookie sheet for approximately 5 minutes and then move them to a cookie rack to cool completely.
- If you wish you can add the chocolate and peanut butter drizzle to them: Combine the chocolate chips and peanut butter together in a microwave safe bowl, heat at 50% power for 40 seconds, stir and heat again at 50% for 45 seconds more, stir again and repeat until the chocolate is all melted and smooth.
- Fill a ziploc sandwich bag with the melted chocolate mixture and snip the tip of a corner of the bag to drizzle the cookies with the chocolate.
The cookies can be kept at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days. You can also freeze the cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 months.