Blueberry Oatmeal Smoothie
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 0 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats whole rolled oats or quick oats will work
- 1/4 cup coconut unsweetened
- 1-1/2 cups blueberries frozen or fresh
- 1 cup milk or almond, coconut, soy milk
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt or plain*
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch ground nutmeg optional
- 4-5 cubes of ice for an extra cold smoothie optional
Add oats and coconut flakes to blender. Pulse until oats and coconut are finely ground.
Add blueberries, milk, yogurt, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and ice. Blend until smooth.
1. If using plain yogurt, add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to smoothie.
2. If using steel cut oats, you'll need to cook them and let them cool before using in a smoothie.
Calories: 194kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 65mg | Potassium: 316mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 190IU | Vitamin C: 7.5mg | Calcium: 177mg | Iron: 0.6mg