Who we are:
What personal data do we collect and how is it used?
Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website: We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the website by leaving a comment or subscribing to our newsletter.
Automatically-Collected Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access this website. For example, when you browse this website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed this website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using this website, such as links clicked.
Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the website. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the website.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED:
- To operate, maintain and improve the quality and effectiveness of posts by Sweet and Savoury Pursuits;
- To send you promotional information, such as notice of new recipes on the website and newsletters;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or questions;
- To provide you with user support;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
Third-party use of personal information:
Sweet and Savoury Pursuits uses third-party service providers to service various aspects of this website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
Sweet and Savoury Pursuits currently uses the following third-party service providers:
Google Analytics: This service tracks how visitors use our website and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on our website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address. More information about the processing of data by Google Analytics, can be found in the Google Analytics Terms of Service.
If you leave a comment, users may see your name, be able to view websites to which you link, and any other information you leave in a public comment. Your email address will never be made public. Except when required by law, we will not distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent.
This list may be amended from time to time in the website’s sole discretion.
Embedded content from other websites:
How long we retain your data:
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your personal data:
- Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at [email protected] to amend or update your personal information and to be removed from our mailing list.
- Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by emailing a request to [email protected]
- If you have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
Where we send your data:
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we protect your data:
We use commercially reasonable procedures to protect the personally-identifying information we collect. However, no security system is impenetrable, and thus we cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you provide us with won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. In the case of a data breach, you will be personally contacted with the email provided at time of subscription to the website.