These addictive roasted Mixed Spiced Nuts make an easy and healthy sweet and salty snack for your next celebration or party.Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
Whenever I need a quick appetizer, I know a bowl of roasted spiced nuts is the perfect solution. I like to keep my freezer well stocked with a variety of nuts, this way I always have something I can use. These Mixed Spiced Nuts only take twenty minutes to make and you can use whatever unsalted nuts you have on hand. For this recipe, I included pecans, walnuts, cashews, and almonds.
About these Mixed Spiced Nuts
I like to use maple syrup to lightly sweeten the nuts and a bit of cayenne for some heat and a nice kick. Aromatic spices such as ground cumin, coriander and some all spice gives these nuts so much flavour. Finally, a bit of fresh rosemary adds a delicious herbal touch to these mixed spiced nuts.
These nuts are perfect for serving with cocktails at a party, excellent as part of a cheese board, and are great for topping salads or for a healthy snack. They also make excellent homemade gifts!
I hope you have a chance to make these Mixed Spiced Nuts soon, the smell coming from your oven while these nuts are roasting is simply intoxicating. I wish you all a very Happy New Year!
- 2.5 cups Mixed nuts I used pecans, walnuts, cashews and almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon all spice
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a baking tray with oil. Spread nuts in one even layer on baking sheet. Roast in oven stirring nuts after 5 minutes. Return to oven and bake for another 5 minutes.
- While the nuts are roasting in the oven, prepare the spice mixture by melting 2 tablespoons of butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add spices, stir and then add maple syrup. Cook on low heat for a couple of minutes.
- Once the nuts have toasted for 10 minutes remove from the oven and pour the spice mixture over the nuts mixing well to coat all the nuts with the spice mixture.
- Return the nuts to the oven for another 10 minutes, stirring once after 5 minutes.
- Remove tray from oven and let nuts cool on baking tray, breaking up the clumps as they cool.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.