These easy to make, perfectly roasted sweet and savoury Maple Spiced Walnuts are a delicious treat!
I should start off by telling you that these maple spiced walnuts are addictive. I’m snacking on them as I’m writing this post, and though I was only going to have a few, I can’t seem to stop eating them! Anyways, these maple spiced walnuts are absolutely delectable! The nuts are crunchy and slightly sweet with a spicy aftertaste. They definitely make a great snack food, would make an excellent salad topping, are perfect for serving at cocktail evenings and would also make excellent holiday host or hostess gifts.
These maple spiced walnuts are incredibly easy to make and only take a few minutes of preparation time. The walnuts are lightly coated with maple syrup and a combination of spices. The maple and spice combination in this recipe can be used to flavour raw pecans, almonds or cashews or a combination of these nuts. The mixture of cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg make these perfect for the holiday season. As the spiced walnuts are roasting in the oven, a delicious aroma will fill your house and make your home smell amazing!
Maple Spiced Walnuts
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbs light olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 cups walnuts
- With a rack in the middle of your oven, preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the maple syrup, oil, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt and cayenne. Whisk together and add the walnuts, stir until walnuts are well coated with the syrupy spice mixture.
- Spread walnuts onto the baking sheet in one even layer.
- Bake in oven for 10 min, then stir and bake for approximately 10 minutes more. Remove from the oven and let cool on sheet.
- Serve or store in an airtight container.