These easy to make, perfectly roasted sweet and savoury Maple Spiced Walnuts make a delicious treat!
I should start off by telling you that these Maple Spiced Walnuts are addictive. I’m snacking on them as I’m writing this post, and though I was only going to have a few, I can’t stop eating them! Anyways, these Maple Spiced Walnuts are absolutely delectable! The nuts are crunchy and slightly sweet with a spicy aftertaste. They definitely make a great fall snack food and are perfect for serving at cocktail evenings. They’re delicious as a salad topping, and would also make excellent holiday host or hostess gifts.
Maple Spiced Walnuts — Such an easy and versatile recipe
These Maple Spiced Walnuts are incredibly easy to make and only take a few minutes of preparation time. The walnuts are lightly coated with pure maple syrup and a combination of warm spices. The maple and spice combination in this recipe can be used to flavour raw pecans, almonds or cashews or a combination of these nuts. The mixture of cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg make these perfect for fall and the holiday season. As the spiced walnuts are roasting in the oven, a delicious aroma will fill your house and make your home smell amazing and so inviting!
Maple Spiced Walnuts
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbs light olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper*
- 2 cups walnuts
- With a rack in the middle of your oven, preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the maple syrup, oil, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt and cayenne. Whisk together and add the walnuts, stir until walnuts are well coated with the syrupy spice mixture.
- Spread walnuts onto the baking sheet in one even layer.
- Bake in oven for 10 min, then stir and bake for approximately 10 minutes more. Remove from the oven and let cool on sheet.
- Serve or store in an airtight container.
*Consider increasing the cayenne to 1/4 teaspoon if you like things spicy!