These easy Curried Cashews made with whole raw cashews and curry powder are the perfect blend of spice and crunch and make a delicious and satisfying snack.
If you're a fan of curry and aromatic spices you will love these Curried Cashews. They're savory, crunchy and slightly sweet.
How to Make them
This is an easy recipe for curry cashews made with simple ingredients. Here is an overview of the ingredients and instructions to make them. Please see the full recipe in the card at the end of the post.
- Raw cashews: I like to use whole cashews, it's ok if there are some broken pieces.
- Pure maple syrup
- Olive oil
- Curry powder
- Sea salt
- Ground cumin
- Ground coriander
- Cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven with a rack placed in the middle of it. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. In a large bowl, add the maple syrup, olive oil, spices and salt, whisk to combine.
- Add cashew nuts to curry mixture and toss to coat the cashews with the spice mix.
- Spread the cashews in an even layer on the rimmed baking sheet. Roast nuts in the oven for 10 minutes, stir the nuts, making sure they're still in a single layer and return to the oven. Roast for an additional 10 minutes until the cashews are golden brown. Remove the tray from oven and let the nuts cool on the baking tray.
To keep the curried cashews fresh, store in an airtight container such as a mason or glass jar in a cool and dry place.
Serve these curried cashews as an appetizer or enjoy them as a snack. These spiced cashew are also great for topping salads.
More Delicious Appetizers
Curried Cashews Recipe
- 3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon mild curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 2 cups raw cashews
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the maple syrup, olive oil and spices, whisk to combine. Add cashews to spice mixture and toss to coat.
- Roast nuts in the oven for 10 minutes, stir the nuts and return to the oven. Roast for an additional 10 minutes or until the cashews are golden brown.
- Remove tray from oven and let nuts cool on baking tray, breaking up the clumps as they cool. Nuts will get crunchy as they cool.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool and dry place.
- Nutrition facts are calculated based on one serving which is equal to 1/4 cup Curried Cashews.
- Make sure to use raw unsalted cashews for this recipe.
- Store Curried Cashews in a mason jar or an airtight container and place them in a cool and dry place. The cashews should stay fresh for a few weeks.