A simple and quick recipe for homemade sweet and savoury Rosemary Roasted Almonds that can be ready in less than 30 minutes. Coated with a flavourful combination of spices, a touch of olive oil and maple syrup they're simply irresistible!
These delicious roasted rosemary almonds are absolutely addictive and pair well with many different foods which makes them great for serving at a cocktail evening or dinner party. And just like these Mixed Spiced Nuts, they're always a hit!
These Rosemary Roasted Almonds make a perfect snack and since they are quick and easy to prepare they make a great last-minute appetizer.
The coating on these almonds is a combination of fresh rosemary, chili powder, cumin and coriander which makes them really savoury and the touch of cayenne gives them just the right amount of heat. The maple syrup adds a touch of sweetness and makes these rosemary almonds irresistible.
How to Roast Almonds
Roasting almonds brings out their natural flavor and makes them even more delicious. This recipe for roasted seasoned almonds take less than 30 minutes from start to finish.
One of the benefits of roasting almonds at home is that it allows us to control the amount of salt and oil we use. This makes homemade roasted almonds a healthier option than most available at the grocery store.
Here's a summary of the ingredients and steps you'll need to take to make this roasted almonds recipe. Please see the printable recipe card at the end of this post for the ingredient amounts and full instructions.
- Raw Almonds: You'll need to start with raw whole almonds for this recipe.
- Maple syrup
- Olive oil
- Fresh rosemary
- Ground cumin
- Chili powder
- Ground coriander
- Cayenne pepper
- Sea salt
- Start by preheating your oven.
- Add all of the seasoning ingredients to a bowl, stir and add the almonds. Combine almonds well with the spices, maple syrup and olive oil.
- Spread the almonds in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring once at the 10 minute mark.
- Remove from the oven, stir and let cool on sheet.
Tip: The almonds will continue to toast on the hot tray when you take them out of the oven so it's best not to overcook them.
Spiced almonds can be served on their own as a healthy snack or with cocktails. Savoury nut recipes are always a go to when I need a quick nibble for a dinner party.
Almonds can also be added to a sweet and savoury grazing platter. Serve roasted almonds on a charcuterie board along with olives, cheese, cured meats, crackers and fruit.
They're also a great salad topper, I love to use them to add crunchy texture to a salad.
Finally, they also make wonderful host or hostess gifts. I like gifting them in mason jars with a pretty ribbon.
Roasted almonds can be stored in an airtight container up to three weeks at room temperature.
If you're looking for more homemade savory spiced nuts recipes, check out these Maple Spiced Walnuts, they're a favorite on this site.
More Snacks to Try out
- Smoked Salmon and Boursin Crostini
- Strawberry Goat Cheese Crostini
- Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Dip
- Caramelized Onion Hummus
- Butternut Squash and White Bean Dip
Rosemary Roasted Almonds
- 3 cups raw almonds
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- In a medium bowl, combine the maple syrup, oil, chopped rosemary, chili powder, cumin, coriander, salt and cayenne. Whisk together and add the almonds, stir until almonds are well coated with the spice mixture.
- Spread almonds onto the baking sheet in one even layer.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, then stir and bake for approximately 10 minutes more. Remove from the oven, stir and let cool on sheet.
- Serve or store in an airtight container for up to three weeks.
- Recipe makes 3 cups of almonds.
- Nutrition facts are calculated based on one serving which is equal to 1/4 cup almonds.
This recipe was originally published in October 2016. It has been updated with new pictures and text, the recipe remains unchanged.