These delicious Rosemary Spiced Roasted Almonds are sweet and savoury, full of flavour and crunch. They are also quick and simple to make.
Today I’m sharing another recipe that’s perfect for serving at social gatherings and one that would make a wonderful gift. These almonds are absolutely addictive, they make a great snack and are an excellent accompaniment to drinks and cocktails.
I first made these Rosemary Spiced Roasted Almonds with honey, but the coating on the almonds never dried up fully and though the almonds were delicious, I didn’t like the tacky feeling on my fingers. And I didn’t think they would make good gifts. Since the Maple Spiced Walnuts I recently made had dried up beautifully I decided to make them with maple syrup and the recipe worked perfectly. So I can finally share these delicious almonds with you!
I really love the coating on these almonds, the combination of rosemary and chili powder, cumin and coriander makes them really savoury and the bit of cayenne in there gives them just the right amount of heat. The maple syrup adds a touch of sweetness and makes these almonds irresistible.
These almonds are also a great last-minute appetizer to make. They take less than 30 minutes to prepare and roast and are ready to eat once they’ve cooled a bit. They do need some stirring half-way through the 20 minute cooking time. And remember that they will continue to cook on the hot tray once you take them out, so best not to over cook them in the oven. Enjoy!
Rosemary Spiced Roasted Almonds
- 3 cups raw almonds
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- With a rack in the middle of your oven, preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the maple syrup, oil, chopped rosemary, chili powder, cumin, coriander, salt and cayenne. Whisk together and add the almonds, stir until almonds are well coated with the spice mixture.
- Spread almonds onto the baking sheet in one even layer.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, then stir and bake for approximately 10 minutes more. Remove from the oven and let cool on sheet.
- Serve or store in an airtight container.
Makes 3 cups of almonds. One serving is equal to 1/4 cup almonds.