Here’s a recipe for an easy Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Dip that only takes minutes to prepare and is sure to impress your guests.Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
The combination of smoked salmon, cream cheese, fresh dill and green onions gives this Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Dip so much flavour and makes this dip so delicious. This creamy appetizer is a real crowd-pleaser and so delicious that your guests will happily nibble away on this dip all evening long. This easy recipe makes two cups of dip so this is a great appetizer for parties and entertaining larger groups. And since it can be prepared ahead of time, it’s a great recipe for taking to pot luck gatherings.
Because we lead such busy lives it’s tempting to purchase pre-made dips to make things easier on us, but taking the time to make this smoked salmon cream cheese dip at home will assure you a much fresher and better tasting dip than store-bought. It only takes a few minutes to make and it can be made it in your blender or food processor.
I recommend you make this dip the day before you plan on serving it as it taste even better the next day. You can serve this dip with a variety of crudités, breads and crackers. I found Belgian endive, pumpernickel bread and bagel chips especially delicious with this dip.
- 250 grams cream cheese Regular or light, cut into smaller pieces
- 3 tablespoons sour cream or mayonnaise regular or light
- 150 grams smoked salmon chopped into smaller pieces
- 1/4 cup green onions finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper optional
- Before processing ingredients, reserve 2 tablespoons of finely chopped smoked salmon, 1 teaspoon. of fresh dill and 1 teaspoon finely chopped green onions.
- In the jar of your Vitamix or other blender or food processor, add the cream cheese, smoked salmon, sour cream or mayonnaise, green onions, dill, lemon juice and cayenne pepper.
- Process your ingredients until the consistency is smooth.
- Pour dip into a bowl and add the reserved smoked salmon, green onions and dill. Stir well, adjust seasoning if needed.
- Chill for a couple of hours and up to 2 days.
- Serve with crudités and pumpernickel bread, crostini, bagel chips or crackers.