Here’s an easy recipe for a homemade Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Dip that only takes minutes to prepare and is sure to impress your guests.Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
The combination of smoked salmon, cream cheese, fresh dill and green onions makes this Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Dip super flavourful. This creamy appetizer is a real crowd-pleaser and so delicious that your guests will happily nibble away on this dip all evening long. This easy recipe makes two cups of dip so this is a great appetizer for entertaining larger groups. And since it can be prepared ahead of time, it’s a great recipe for taking to pot luck gatherings.
Homemade Smoked Salmon Dip
Because we lead such busy lives, it can be tempting to purchase pre-made dips to make things easier on us, but taking the time to make this smoked salmon dip at home will assure you a much fresher and better tasting dip. This dip only takes a few minutes to make and it can be made it in your blender or food processor. If you need to make it ahead of time, it can be made up to a day before you plan on serving it, just cover it well and store it in the refrigerator.
What to serve with Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Dip?
You can serve this dip with a variety of crudités. I like serving it with Belgian endive spears, carrots and celery sticks, green beans or asparagus spears. Cubed pumpernickel and rye breads are also excellent choices. I also like serving this dip with bagel chips but if you don’t have any, crackers will also work.
Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Dip
- 250 grams cream cheese Regular or light, cut into smaller pieces
- 3 tablespoons sour cream or mayonnaise regular or light
- 150 grams smoked salmon chopped into smaller pieces
- 1/4 cup green onions finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper optional
- Before processing ingredients, reserve 2 tablespoons of finely chopped smoked salmon, 1 teaspoon. of fresh dill and 1 teaspoon finely chopped green onions.
- In the jar of your Vitamix or other blender or food processor, add the cream cheese, smoked salmon, sour cream or mayonnaise, green onions, dill, lemon juice and cayenne pepper.
- Process your ingredients until the consistency is smooth.
- Pour dip into a bowl and add the reserved smoked salmon, green onions and dill. Stir well, adjust seasoning if needed.
- Chill for a couple of hours and up to 2 days.
- Serve with crudités and pumpernickel bread, crostini, bagel chips or crackers.