With a few simple ingredients and less than 30 minutes, this Pistachio Crusted Salmon is both an easy and quick option for a weeknight dinner and also an elegant main for a dinner party.
This recipe for Pistachio Crusted Salmon is one of those simple recipes that produces a beautiful and flavourful dish that is sure to impress your guests. Salmon is a healthy dinner option and this recipe is so easy and quick to prepare. With some basic pantry ingredients you can have this flavourful and moist fish on the table in less than 30 minutes. This recipe takes a fresh salmon fillet and coats with a bit of honey, garlic, salt and pepper and some chopped crunchy pistachios. Bake this salmon in the oven for approximately 15 minutes and it will come out with a moist and juicy flesh. If you are using a small fillet make sure to check the fish earlier than the suggested time as a smaller fillet will cook faster. Steam some fresh veggies to accompany the salmon and you have yourself a quick, easy and delicious meal.
If you would like to see more delicious, quick and easy fish recipes, take a look at this Pan Fried Rainbow Trout with Pineapple Salsa, it can be ready in less than 30 minutes and you’ll also want to take a look at this Baked Rainbow Trout Fillet, it’s the most popular recipe on my blog. Enjoy!
Pistachio Crusted Salmon
- 1300 grams salmon fillet, pin bones removed approx. 1300 grams
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp. honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios chopped by hand or in food processor
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges to serve with cooked salmon
Place a rack in the middle of your oven and preheat it to 375F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pat the salmon dry. And rub flesh with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine minced garlic cloves and honey, spread over salmon.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Press chopped pistachios onto salmon flesh.
- Bake in oven until flesh flakes easily about 15 minutes.
Remove from oven and let rest for 5 min. before serving.
Keep in mind that the fish continues to cook when its removed from the oven, so make sure to take it out sooner rather than later.