Last Updated on October 9, 2020 by Sweet and Savoury Pursuits
With a few simple ingredients and less than 30 minutes, this Pistachio Crusted Salmon is both an easy and quick option for a weeknight dinner and also an elegant main for a dinner party.Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
A Quick and Easy Recipe
This recipe for Pistachio Crusted Salmon is one of those simple recipes that produces a beautiful and flavourful dish that is sure to impress your guests.
Salmon is a healthy dinner option and this recipe is so easy and quick to prepare. With some basic pantry ingredients, you can have this delicious and moist fish on the table in less than 30 minutes.
How to make Pistachio Crusted Salmon
This recipe takes a fresh salmon fillet and coats it with a bit of honey (or maple syrup), garlic, salt and pepper and some chopped crunchy pistachios.
If you don't have any pistachios on hand, feel free to use chopped cashews, pecans, almonds and even peanuts. All of these nuts make a great crust for salmon. Bake the salmon in the oven for approximately 15 minutes and it will come out with a moist and juicy flesh.
If you are using a smaller fillet make sure to check the fish earlier than the suggested time as a smaller fillet will cook faster.
Steam some fresh veggies to serve with the salmon and you'll have yourself a quick, easy and delicious meal. If you like this recipe you might also like these Pistachio Crusted Lamb Chops. Enjoy!
More Quick and Easy Fish Recipes
- Thai Baked Salmon with Cilantro-Chili Sauce
- Pan Fried Rainbow Trout with Pineapple Salsa
- Baked Rainbow Trout Fillet
- Baked Rainbow Trout Fillets with Roasted Broccoli
If you make this recipe let me know how it went for you in the comment section below. I'd love to know if you made any variations to the recipe and how it worked out. And if you take a picture, share it with me on Instagram by tagging #sweetandsavourypursuits, I love to see your photos!
Pistachio Crusted Salmon
- 1300 grams salmon fillet, pin bones removed approx. 1300 grams
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp. honey or maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup shelled pistachios chopped by hand or in food processor
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges to serve with cooked salmon
- Place a rack in the middle of your oven and preheat it to 375F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pat the salmon dry. And rub flesh with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine minced garlic cloves and honey, spread over salmon.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Press chopped pistachios onto salmon flesh.
- Bake in oven until flesh flakes easily about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 min. before serving.
- Maple syrup can be used in place of honey.
- If pistachios are not available, chopped cashews, pecans, almonds and peanuts can be used to crust the salmon.
- Keep in mind that the fish continues to cook when it's removed from the oven, so make sure to take it out sooner rather than later.
- There are 409 calories and 9 grams of carbs in one serving of this pistachio-crusted salmon (assuming salmon weighing 1300 grams is divided into 6 portions).
Subscribe to our mailing list to receive notification of new posts in your inbox: