With a few simple ingredients and less than 30 minutes, this Pistachio Crusted Salmon is both an easy and quick option for a weeknight dinner and also an elegant main for a dinner party.Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
Pistachio Crusted Salmon — A quick and easy recipe
This recipe for Pistachio Crusted Salmon is one of those simple recipes that produces a beautiful and flavourful dish that is sure to impress your guests. Salmon is a healthy dinner option and this recipe is so easy and quick to prepare. With some basic pantry ingredients you can have this delicious and moist fish on the table in less than 30 minutes.
How to make Pistachio Crusted Salmon
This recipe takes a fresh salmon fillet and coats it with a bit of honey (or maple syrup), garlic, salt and pepper and some chopped crunchy pistachios. If you don’t have any pistachios on hand feel free to use chopped cashews, pecans, almonds and even peanuts. All of these nuts make a great crust for salmon. Bake the salmon in the oven for approximately 15 minutes and it will come out with a moist and juicy flesh. If you are using a smaller fillet make sure to check the fish earlier than the suggested time as a smaller fillet will cook faster. Steam some fresh veggies to serve with the salmon and you have yourself a quick, easy and delicious meal.
If you make this recipe be sure to take a picture and share it with me on Instagram by tagging #sweetandsavourypursuits, I’d love to see your photos!
Pistachio Crusted Salmon
- 1300 grams salmon fillet, pin bones removed approx. 1300 grams
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp. honey or maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios chopped by hand or in food processor
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges to serve with cooked salmon
- Place a rack in the middle of your oven and preheat it to 375F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pat the salmon dry. And rub flesh with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine minced garlic cloves and honey, spread over salmon.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Press chopped pistachios onto salmon flesh.
- Bake in oven until flesh flakes easily about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 min. before serving.
- Maple syrup can be used in place of honey.
- If pistachios are not available, chopped cashews, pecans, almonds and peanuts can be used to crust the salmon.
- Keep in mind that the fish continues to cook when it’s removed from the oven, so make sure to take it out sooner rather than later.
- There are 409 calories and 9 grams of carbs in one serving of this pistachio-crusted salmon (assuming salmon weighing 1300 grams is divided into 6 portions).