Avocado Toast with Fried Egg is a delicious, quick and easy no-fuss meal that can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch and even dinner.Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
So when I recently found a perfectly ripe avocado on my counter, I proceeded to make myself my first fried egg on avocado toast. One bite and I understood what the fuss was all about.
The sunny-side up egg, still soft and runny (my favourite way to have eggs) placed on top of creamy avocado on toasted bread is so delicious that I now find myself craving fried egg on avocado toast on a regular basis.
It's so quick and easy, and such a satisfying and filling meal that I eat it for breakfast, lunch and even dinner.
How to Make it
You hardly need a recipe for this 5-minute meal. All you need to do is toast a slice of bread, mash up half an avocado, season it with a bit of salt and pepper and fry up an egg (done to your liking).
Spread the mashed up avocado on the toast and top it with the fried egg. And that's it, you're done, now all you have to do is eat and enjoy this healthy meal.
Alternatively, you could also eat your avocado toast with boiled eggs or poached eggs. Simply top the avocado toast with the egg.
I sprinkled a bit of Parmesan cheese on mine but that's completely optional. If you like spicy food you could also add a little Tabasco sauce to the egg or the mashed avocado. You can serve it with slices of tomato, cucumber or even a small salad.
The best thing about this avocado toast and egg trend is that it's a new way to enjoy a healthy meal that can be prepared in 5 minutes from start to finish. Enjoy!
Avocado Toast with Fried Egg
- 1 slice bread
- 1/2 avocado peeled, seeded and mashed, season with a bit of salt and pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp butter or olive oil
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese optional
- Tabasco optional
- Toast the slice of bread and spread with the mashed avocado.
- In a non-stick skillet, add one teaspoon of butter or olive oil. When the butter is sizzling, add the cracked egg to the skillet. Fry to your liking.
- Place the fried egg on the avocado toast.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese (optional).