Fried egg on avocado toast is a delicious, quick, easy and no fuss meal that can be had for breakfast, lunch and even dinner.
If you spend any time on Pinterest looking at all of the food images then you may have noticed that avocado toast, in all its variations, is all the rage at the moment. So when I recently found a perfectly ripe avocado on my counter, I proceeded to make myself my first fried egg on avocado toast. One bite and I understood what the fuss was all about.The sunny-side up egg, still soft and runny (my favourite way to have eggs) placed on top of creamy avocado on toasted bread is so much more delicious than I could have imagined, so much so that I now find myself craving fried egg on avocado toast. It’s so quick and easy, and such a satisfying and filling meal that I could easily eat it for breakfast, lunch and even dinner.
You hardly need a recipe for this 5 minute meal, all that is needed is for you to toast a slice of bread, mash up half an avocado, season it with a bit of salt and pepper and fry up an egg (done to your liking). Spread the avocado on the toast and top it with the fried egg. And that’s it, you’re done, now all you have to do is eat and enjoy this healthy meal. I sprinkled a bit of Parmesan cheese on mine but that’s completely optional. You could also add a little Tabasco sauce to the egg or to the mashed avocado, either way you can’t go wrong. Best of all, you could be eating a healthy meal in 5 minutes from start to finish. Enjoy!
Fried Egg on Avocado Toast
- 1 slice bread
- 1/2 avocado peeled, seeded and mashed, season with a bit of salt and pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp butter or olive oil
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese optional
- Tabasco optional
- Toast the slice of bread and spread with the mashed avocado.
- In a non-stick skillet, add one teaspoon of butter or olive oil. When the butter is sizzling, add the cracked egg to the skillet. Fry to your liking.
- Place the fried egg on the avocado toast.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese (optional).