Avocado Toast with Fried Egg is a delicious, quick and easy no-fuss meal that can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch and even dinner.Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
If you spend any time on Pinterest looking at all of the food images then you may have noticed that avocado toast, in all its variations, is all the rage at the moment.
My favourite way to enjoy avocado toast is with a sunny-side up egg, still soft and runny, placed on top of creamy avocado. It's so delicious, that I now find myself craving fried egg on avocado toast on a regular basis.
It's so quick and easy, and such a satisfying and filling meal that I eat it for breakfast, lunch and even dinner.
How to Make it
You hardly need a recipe for this 5-minute meal. All you need to do is mash up half an avocado and season it with a bit of salt and pepper. Next, toast a slice of bread, and fry up an egg (done to your liking). Of course, you can also make it with a soft, hard boiled or poached egg.
Spread the mashed up avocado on the toast and top it with the fried egg. And that's it, you're done, now all you have to do is sit and enjoy this healthy meal.
I sprinkled a bit of Parmesan cheese on mine but that's completely optional. If you like spicy food you could also add a little Tabasco sauce to the egg or the mashed avocado.
How to Serve
You can serve Egg on Avocado Toast with slices of turkey bacon, tomato, cucumber or even a small salad if you're having it for lunch or dinner.
The best thing about this avocado toast and egg trend is that it's a new way to enjoy a healthy meal that can be prepared in 5 minutes from start to finish.
More Ways to Enjoy Avocados
Avocado Toast with Fried Egg
- 1 slice bread
- 1/2 avocado peeled, seeded and mashed, season with a bit of salt and pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon butter or olive oil
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese optional
- Tabasco optional
- Toast the slice of bread and spread with the mashed avocado.
- In a non-stick skillet, add one teaspoon of butter or olive oil. When the butter is sizzling, add the cracked egg to the skillet. Fry to your liking.
- Place the fried egg on the avocado toast.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese (optional).