Delicious, moist and light, these Mini Apple Spice Bundt Cakes are made with fresh apples and spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg.
This recipe for Mini Apple Spice Bundt Cakes was originally published in January 2014. I’ve updated the post and included new photos.
These Mini Apple Spice Bundt Cakes are a delicious way to use some tasty seasonal apples. And with Canadian Thanksgiving right around the corner, I wanted to share something that fit the autumn season. Baked apple desserts are some of my favourites sweets to make during the fall. I love using warm and comforting spices, such as cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger to flavour my baked goods.
How to make Mini Apple Spice Bundt Cakes
I used Honeycrisp apples for this recipe, but you can use your favourite variety or even a combination. This apple spiced cake recipe is simple to make and can be mixed by hand. Simply combine the dry ingredients in a bowl, and the wet in another. Combine the wet and the dry ingredients and then fold in the grated apples. I used a mini bundt pan that makes 6 mini bundt cakes for this recipe but you can use a regular sized bundt pan.
The applesauce and grated apples in this recipe make a moist cake with plenty of apple flavour. The cakes are delicious are their own, but if you want to dress them up, I added a recipe for a simple glaze you can use to drizzle on the cakes. Enjoy!
Mini Apple Spice Bundt Cakes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup light-tasting oil I used grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups grated peeled apples packed
For the Glaze
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp milk or cream add more if using cream and to achieve a thinner consistency
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- Place a rack in the centre of your oven and preheat oven to 325ºF (160ºC).
In a large bowl, whisk together both flours, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In a second bowl, whisk together the eggs, brown sugar, apple purée, maple syrup, oil and vanilla.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add in the grated apples and stir until just mixed.
- Spoon batter into the greased and floured mini bundt cake pan until approximately 2/3 full.
- Bake until a cake tester inserted in the centre of the cakes comes out clean about 20-22 minutes.
- Let the cakes cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Invert the cakes onto a wire rack and let cool completely.
For the Glaze
Combine, the powdered sugar, cinnamon, salt and milk or cream in a small bowl, whisk until smooth.
Drizzle over cakes.
If you prefer you can also make just one large cake by using a regular sized bundt pan. However you will have to adjust the baking time for the larger cake to approximately 45 minutes.