Last Updated on October 29, 2020 by Sweet and Savoury Pursuits
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my affiliate disclosure for more details.
Delicious, moist and light, this easy apple cake recipe made with fresh apples and spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg yields six Mini Apple Spice Bundt Cakes or one large bundt cake.Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
These Mini Apple Spice Bundt Cakes are a delicious way to use some tasty seasonal apples. With Canadian Thanksgiving right around the corner, I wanted to share something that fit the autumn season.
Baked fresh apple desserts are some of my favourite sweets to make during the fall. I love using warm and comforting spices, such as cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger to flavour my baked goods.
How to make Apple Spice Bundt Cakes
The applesauce and grated apples used in this recipe make a tender and moist cake with a double dose of apple flavour.
- All-purpose flour and whole wheat pastry flour
- Cinnamon and freshly grated nutmeg
- Baking powder, baking soda and salt
- Brown sugar
- Applesauce, sweetened or unsweetened is fine.
- Maple syrup
- Light-tasting oil. I like to use grapeseed oil but you can also use canola oil.
- Pure vanilla extract
- Grated peeled apples. I used Honeycrisp apples for this recipe, but you can use your favourite variety or even a combination of apples.
A bonus feature about this easy apple spiced cake recipe is that it can be easily mixed by hand.
You'll want to peel, core and grate the apples before you get started with the rest of the recipe.
Gather and combine your dry ingredients in a bowl, and the wet in another. Combine the wet and the dry ingredients and then fold in the grated apples.
I used a mini bundt cake pan that makes six mini bundt cakes for this recipe but you can also use a regular-sized bundt pan (see the recipe card for baking time).
Bake in the oven until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean or with a few crumbs clinging to it.
How to serve:
The cakes should be served at room temperature. They're delicious plain but can also be dusted with a bit of icing sugar. And if you really want to dress them up, I included a recipe for an easy cinnamon-spiced glaze you can drizzle on the cakes.
Looking for more mini bundt cake recipes? These Mini Almond and Matcha Bundt Cakes combine the flavours of almonds with matcha and are a favourite of mine. Enjoy!
More Fabulous Bundt Cake Recipes
- Pumpkin Chocolate Swirl Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Cinnamon Swirl Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Stout Bundt Cake
- Espresso Gingerbread Bundt Cake
If you make this recipe let me know how it went for you in the comment section below. I'd love to know if you made any variations to the recipe and how it worked out. And if you take a picture, share it with me on Instagram by tagging #sweetandsavourypursuits, I love to see your photos!
Mini Apple Spice Bundt Cakes
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1-½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 1-½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- ½ cup applesauce
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup light-tasting oil I used grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1-½ cups grated peeled apples packed
For the Glaze
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp milk or cream add more if using cream and to achieve a thinner consistency
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- Place a rack in the centre of your oven and preheat oven to 325ºF (160ºC).
- In a large bowl, whisk together both flours, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a second bowl, whisk together the eggs, brown sugar, apple purée, maple syrup, oil and vanilla.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add in the grated apples and stir until just mixed.
- Spoon batter into the greased and floured mini bundt cake pan until approximately ⅔ full.
- Bake until a cake tester inserted in the centre of the cakes comes out clean about 20-22 minutes.
- Let the cakes cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Invert the cakes onto a wire rack and let cool completely.
For the Glaze
- Combine, the powdered sugar, cinnamon, salt and milk or cream in a small bowl, whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle over cakes.
This recipe for Mini Apple Spice Bundt Cakes was originally published in January 2014. I've updated the post and included new photos.