Molten Chocolate Cake is the ultimate dessert for lovers of ooey gooey chocolatey goodness. Luckily for us it’s so easy to make!
This Molten Chocolate Cake is so delicious. This is one of those desserts that has been on my list of recipes to try but some reason I had never gotten around to it. Now that I finally have made it, and I know how delicious, easy and quick it is to make, I’ll be making this recipe more often.
The ingredients can be easily divided or multiplied to get the number of portions you need. Though I suspect that the number of eggs can be reduced if one is going to make more than 4 portions at a time. Molten Chocolate Cakes are the perfect dessert to have on your own or to share with others.
- 3 ounces bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. all purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Butter and flour two medium-sized (5 ounces or 150 ml capacity) ramekins.
- Bring 2 inches of water to boil in a small sauce pan.
- In a bowl add butter and chocolate. Place the bowl so that it’s over but not touching the boiling water.
- Stir until the chocolate and butter has melted and when it’s a smooth mixture, set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla and sugar.
- Pour the melted chocolate into this mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Add the salt and flour and stir without over mixing.
- Separate the batter equally into the two prepared ramekins.
- Do not fill all the way to the top edge of the ramekins because the cakes will rise slightly.
- Place the ramekins on the baking sheet and bake them on the centre rack of the oven for 7 to 9 minutes.
- Remove the ramekins from the oven and let cool for 2 minutes.
- Carefully run a paring knife around each cake, then invert the cake onto a small plate and serve immediately.