Molten Chocolate Cake is the ultimate homemade dessert for lovers of ooey-gooey chocolatey goodness. Luckily this little cake is so easy to make!Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
This Molten Chocolate Cake is a chocolate lover’s dream dessert. This cake has been on my list of recipes to try but for some reason, I hadn’t yet gotten around to it. Now that I finally have made it, I can’t believe how incredibly easy and quick it is to make this chocolate cake.
The ingredients can be easily divided or multiplied to get the number of portions you need. Though I suspect that the number of eggs can be reduced if you’re going to make more than 4 portions at a time, I have not tried it myself. Make these Molten Chocolate Cakes for yourself or to share with others, you will be happy you did!
- 3 ounces bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. all purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Butter and flour two medium-sized (5 ounces or 150 ml capacity) ramekins.
- Bring 2 inches of water to boil in a small sauce pan.
- In a bowl add butter and chocolate. Place the bowl so that it’s over but not touching the boiling water.
- Stir until the chocolate and butter has melted and when it’s a smooth mixture, set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla and sugar.
- Pour the melted chocolate into this mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Add the salt and flour and stir without over mixing.
- Separate the batter equally into the two prepared ramekins.
- Do not fill all the way to the top edge of the ramekins because the cakes will rise slightly.
- Place the ramekins on the baking sheet and bake them on the centre rack of the oven for 7 to 9 minutes.
- Remove the ramekins from the oven and let cool for 2 minutes.
- Carefully run a paring knife around each cake, then invert the cake onto a small plate and serve immediately.
Subscribe to our mailing list to receive notification of new posts in your inbox: