Last Updated on November 20, 2020 by Sweet and Savoury Pursuits
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my affiliate disclosure for more details.
These quick and easy Quinoa Chocolate Chip Cookies with a slightly crispy exterior and a soft and chewy interior are made with quinoa flour.Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
These cookies are a favourite at my house. They hit all of the musts in a cookie. They're sweet, but not overly so, soft and tender but with a crispy exterior. And I personally love their beautiful crinkly top.
So if you have a craving for chocolate chip cookies or want to make a sweet treat for someone special, I recommend you bake them a batch of these Quinoa Chocolate Chip Cookies!
How to Make Quinoa Cookies
Though these cookies do include quinoa flour, I can't say they are healthy since they also include white flour and refined sugar. But at least they have some additional nutrients that are not found in cookies made with all-purpose flour alone.
I often combine quinoa flour and all-purpose or whole wheat pastry flour when making cookies and muffins. I find the slightly sweet and nutty taste of quinoa flour makes it perfect for baking.
- Unsalted butter
- Brown sugar
- One egg
- Pure vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- Quinoa Flour
- Baking soda and salt
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Combine the flours, baking soda and salt in bowl. Whisk and set aside. In the bowl of you mixer, beat the butter and sugar until smooth and creamy.
Add the egg and vanilla and combine. Add the dry ingredients and beat until no traces of flour remain. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Scoop out balls of cookie dough and place them on the baking sheet a couple of inches apart. Press down on the balls gently to flatten them out slightly and bake until cookies are golden brown.
How to Store:
These cookies will keep well in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. If you have any extra cookies you can store them in a freezer bag and freeze them for up to three months. Thaw the desired quantity in the refrigerator.
If you make this recipe let me know how it went for you in the comment section below. I'd love to know if you made any variations to the recipe and how it worked out. And if you take a picture, share it with me on Instagram by tagging #sweetandsavourypursuits, I love to see your photos!
Quinoa Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened 113 grams
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed, 220 grams
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour 128 grams
- ¾ cup quinoa flour 93 grams
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 85 grams
- Place a rack in the centre of your oven and preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer cream the softened butter and brown sugar together for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and beat until well blended.
- Add flour, quinoa flour, baking soda and salt and beat until no traces of flour remain.
- Add in the chocolate chips and stir until they are well-distributed in the cookie dough.
- Using a size 50 scoop, or a tablespoon, scoop out evenly sized cookie balls and place on a baking sheet approx. 2 inches apart. Repeat this process until the tray is full.
- Press gently on the cookies to flatten the tops out slightly.
- Bake in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes and then move them to a rack to cool completely before storing them in an airtight container.
- The cookies will keep well in a covered container at room temperature for up to 5 days. They can be frozen for up to three months.
Subscribe to our mailing list to receive notification of new posts in your inbox: