These quick and easy Quinoa Chocolate Chip Cookies made with quinoa flour have a slightly crispy exterior with a soft and chewy interior.Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
These chocolate chip cookies are a favourite at my house. They hit all of the musts in a cookie. They're sweet, but not overly so, soft and tender, and have a crispy exterior. And I personally love their beautiful crinkly top.
If you're having a craving for chocolate chip cookies or want to make a sweet treat for someone special, I highly recommend a batch of these Quinoa Chocolate Chip Cookies!
How to Make Quinoa Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
Though these cookies do include quinoa flour, I can't say they are healthy since they also include white flour and refined sugar. But at least they have some additional nutrients that are not found in cookies made with all-purpose flour alone.
Other than the quinoa flour you probably already have all the ingredients to make these cookies on hand.
- Unsalted butter
- Brown sugar
- One egg
- Pure vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- Quinoa Flour
- Baking soda and salt
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
To make these cookies, simply combine the flours, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Whisk these dry ingredients together and set aside. In the bowl of your mixer, beat the butter and sugar until smooth and creamy.
Add the egg and vanilla and combine. Add the dry ingredients all at once and beat until no traces of flour remain. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Using a cookie scooper, scoop out balls of cookie dough and place them on the baking sheet a couple of inches apart. Press down on the balls gently to flatten them out slightly and bake until cookies are golden brown.
How to Store:
These cookies will keep well in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. If you have any extra cookies you can store them in a freezer bag and freeze them for up to three months. Thaw the desired quantity in the refrigerator.
More Cookie Recipes you Might Like
Quinoa Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened 113 grams
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed, 220 grams
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour 128 grams
- 3/4 cup quinoa flour 93 grams
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 85 grams
- Place a rack in the centre of your oven and preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer cream the softened butter and brown sugar together for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and beat until well blended.
- Add flour, quinoa flour, baking soda and salt and beat until no traces of flour remain.
- Add in the chocolate chips and stir until they are well-distributed in the cookie dough.
- Using a size 50 scoop, or a tablespoon, scoop out evenly sized cookie balls and place on a baking sheet approx. 2 inches apart. Repeat this process until the tray is full.
- Press gently on the cookies to flatten the tops out slightly.
- Bake in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes and then move them to a rack to cool completely before storing them in an airtight container.
- The cookies will keep well in a covered container at room temperature for up to 5 days. They can be frozen for up to three months.