These Triple Chocolate Brownies are not overly sweet and have a wonderful chewy texture. Delicious served warm with a scoop of ice cream!
This Triple Chocolate Brownie recipe is for all of the chocolate addicts out there. If you are looking for something to satisfy your chocolate craving then I recommend a batch of these brownies! These brownies are a cross between a chewy and a cakey brownie and have an intense chocolate flavour.
I made these brownies using a combination of melted semi-sweet chocolate, cocoa and semi-sweet chocolate pieces. Adding just a touch of espresso deepens and enhances the flavour of the chocolate without imparting a coffee flavour to the brownies.
These Triple Chocolate Brownies are not overly sweet, are light, have a wonderful chewy texture and are quick and easy to make. They would also be delicious with 1/2 a cup of chopped walnuts or nut of your choice. They are delicious served warm with a scoop of ice cream or with a nice hot cup of coffee.
Triple Chocolate Brownies
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter softened 56 grams
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbs. or 4 ounces dark or semi-sweet chocolate chopped, 110 grams
- 1 tsp. instant espresso dissolved into 1 tsp. very hot water
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed, 150 grams
- 3 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour 125 grams
- 2 tbsp. cocoa
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup or 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chopped, 85 grams
- Place a rack in the centre of your oven and preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch square pan or line with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan heat about 1 to 2 inches of water over medium heat. Place a heat resistant bowl over pot of simmering water. Put the butter and 4 ounces of chopped chocolate in the bowl. Stir the butter and chocolate until they melt, then whisk until smooth. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- To the melted chocolate, add the sugars, dissolved espresso, vanilla extract and eggs. Stir until it’s all well mixed.
- Add the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Stir until combined and there are no traces of flour.
- Add in the last 1/2 cup of chopped chocolate, stir and pour into the baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 18 to 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out with a few crumbs.
- Let the brownies cool then slice with a sharp knife into 16 pieces. If you prefer a chewier brownie then I would recommend you don’t bake the brownies for more than 18 minutes before checking for doneness.