This homemade Cara Cara Orange and Citrus Drink is a healthy juice made without refined sugars. Add a splash of neutral-tasting alcohol to turn it into a delicious cocktail drink.Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
A few months ago I posted a recipe for Sweet Potato, Parmesan and Rosemary Biscuits. In that post, I talk about my daughter's interest in helping me with the food styling and photography for my blog and her desire to help me style a post for lemonade.
We never did get around to making a blog post for lemonade, but we did make this delicious citrus drink and my daughter had a great time styling the pictures here.
There is nothing like the freshness of citrus fruit on hot summer days. Since they are in season, we used Cara Cara Oranges. They're juicy, sweet and have such a gorgeous colour. We also added the juice of one lime and a lemon for a bit more zing.
Sweetened with a bit of honey (though you can use the sweetener of your choice), this is a great juice to make with the kids on a hot summer day. The recipe for this juice is made without alcohol but you can easily add a splash of a neutral-tasting alcohol to turn this into a delicious cocktail for adults. Enjoy!
Cara Cara Orange and Citrus Drink
- 4 Cara Cara Oranges
- 1 Lime
- 1 Lemon
- 4 tbsp. honey or more to your liking
- 2 cups water
- Juice the Cara Cara oranges, lime and lemon and combine in a pitcher. This should yield approximately 2 cups of citrus juice.
- Add 2 cups of water (or same amount as the citrus juice).
- Add honey (or other sweetener) and stir to dissolve. Taste and add more honey if you would like it sweeter.
- Pour into ice-filled glasses. Serve.