This Cara Cara Orange and Citrus Drink is refreshing on a hot day. A splash of neutral tasting alcohol turns into a delicious cocktail drink.
A few months ago I posted a recipe for Sweet Potato, Parmesan and Rosemary Biscuits. In that post, I talk about my daughter’s interest in helping me with the food styling and photography for my blog and her desire to help me style a post for lemonade. We never did get around to making a blog post for lemonade, but we did make this Cara Cara Orange and Citrus Drink and my daughter had a great time styling the pictures here.
There is nothing like the freshness of citrus fruit on hot summer days. For this drink, I decided to use some Cara Cara Oranges, they are juicy, sweet and have such a gorgeous colour. I added the juice of one lime and a lemon for a bit more zing. Sweetened with a bit of honey (though you can use the sweetener of your choice), this is a great drink to share with kids on a beautiful summer day. Though the recipe for this drink is without alcohol, you can easily add a splash of a neutral tasting alcohol to turn this into a delicious cocktail for the adults. Enjoy!
Cara Cara Orange and Citrus Drink
- 4 Cara Cara Oranges
- 1 Lime
- 1 Lemon
- 4 tbsp. honey or more to your liking
- 2 cups water
- Juice the Cara Cara oranges, lime and lemon and combine in a pitcher. This should yield approximately 2 cups of citrus juice.
- Add 2 cups of water (or same amount as the citrus juice).
- Add honey (or other sweetener) and stir to dissolve. Taste and add more honey if you would like it sweeter.
- Pour into ice-filled glasses. Serve.
I used honey to sweeten this drink but you can use the sweetener of your choice.