Last Updated on October 29, 2020 by Sweet and Savoury Pursuits
Homemade granola is quick to make and takes little effort. Try this vegan recipe for Homemade Maple Pecan Granola with Dates and you'll be rewarded with delicious and healthier granola.Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
Did you know that you could make the healthiest and best tasting granola right in your own kitchen? If you haven't already made your own granola then let me tell you that it's incredibly easy and takes very little time.
And if you have made your own granola, then you already know that it's a delicious treat.
Maple Pecan Granola
This maple pecan granola is flavourful and full of texture. The oats, seeds, coconut and pecans are perfectly toasted which gives this granola a nice crunch.
Stick to using whole rolled oats in your granola since they contain fibre and protein that help fill you up. The maple syrup used in this recipe sweetens the granola without having to use refined sugar.
Granola recipes are adaptable, so don't feel that you have to stick to an exact recipe. Have fun and choose which of your favourite ingredients will go into your granola.
Just remember to maintain the same ratio of wet-to-dry ingredients as the original recipe when making substitutions.
Making Homemade Granola
This recipe for Homemade Maple Pecan Granola with Dates is so much better than granola that comes out of a box. Making your own granola is the best way for you to control what ingredients are in your breakfast or snack and allows you to control how much sugar and fat you consume.
This vegan maple pecan granola recipe uses coconut oil for the fat and maple syrup as the sweetener. I find the amount of maple syrup used in this granola just right, but if you prefer it sweeter you could add 1 to 2 more tablespoons.
Make sure to melt the coconut oil before measuring and adding it to your ingredients. If you don't have any coconut oil, you could use any light-tasting oil.
Give this Homemade Maple Pecan Granola with Dates recipe a try and you'll be rewarded with delicious granola that is good for you. Enjoy!
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes
If you make this recipe let me know how it went for you in the comment section below. I'd love to know if you made any variations to the recipe and how it worked out. And if you take a picture, share it with me on Instagram by tagging #sweetandsavourypursuits, I love to see your photos!
Homemade Maple Pecan Granola with Dates
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- ½ cup sunflower seeds unsalted
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup pitted dates coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, pecan pieces, dried coconut, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the melted coconut oil, the maple syrup and vanilla and stir well.
- Spread on two lightly oiled baking sheets.
- Place each baking sheet on the two lowest racks in the oven, stir the granola and then alternate their position on the racks every 10 minutes.
- Bake for a total of 20 to 25 minutes or until granola is fragrant and toasted.
- Remove from the oven and let the granola cool before adding the chopped dates or other dried fruit of your choice.