Wondering what to do with all those peaches you couldn’t resist buying at the market? This sumptuous Fresh Peach Sauce comes together in minutes and is perfect for easy summer entertaining.
With us being well into late summer now and fall quickly approaching, I want to make sure I make good use of sweet and juicy seasonal peaches. So I’ve decided to transform my extra peaches into a delicious Fresh Peach Sauce that can be used to top a variety of desserts. In this post, I showcase the peach sauce on top of ice cream, but you can serve it on top of vanilla cheesecake, pound cake, crepes and more.
This Fresh Peach Sauce is simply spiced with ground cardamom and vanilla and lightly sweetened with a touch of pure maple syrup. If you like extra zing, you can add a hint of freshly grated ginger to the sauce. I like to top the sauce with some toasted pistachios (or nut of your choice) to add a delicious nutty flavour and a pleasant crunch and contrast to the soft silky peaches.
You can serve the peach sauce at room temperature or still slightly warm. If you’re serving it on top of ice cream you’ll have to serve it quickly or you’ll end up with a pool of melted ice cream and peach sauce, still tasty but maybe not what you’re looking to serve!
- 4 peaches
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla paste or extract
- 1/4 tsp. ground cardamom
- Peel and chop peaches into bite sized chunks
- In a medium sized saucepan, melt butter. Add maple syrup, vanilla and ground cardamom. Whisk to combine and add peaches. If desired, add about 1/4 tsp. of freshly grated ginger to sauce. Taste and add more to your liking.
- Let the peaches lightly simmer over low heat for approximately 5 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat and let sauce cool.
- Top desired dessert with slightly warm or room temperature peach sauce. Optional, add chopped nuts of choice.