Use your favourite high-powered blender to make a comforting, healthy and perfectly foamy Matcha Green Tea Latte in the comfort of your own home.Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
This post was originally published in February 2017. It has been updated.
I’ve discovered I could make the most delightful lattes and hot drinks in my high-powered blender. What I especially love about using my blender to make hot drinks is all the froth the blender effortlessly makes. So now whenever I want to enjoy a hot foamy drink, all I do is put my ingredients in the blender and let it do all the work for me!
My favourite hot drink to make so far is this simple Matcha Green Tea Latte. I love Matcha and since it has beneficial health properties, I like adding it to as many recipes as I can. You can see how I used it in my Mini Almond and Matcha Bundt Cakes and in this recipe for Matcha Green Tea Sugar Cookies.
This recipe for Matcha Latte is a simple one. Feel free to add flavour extracts such as almond or vanilla to switch up the flavour of your drink. Personally, I love to taste the flavour of Matcha so I like my latte as pure as possible. You can use whichever milk and sweetener you prefer, so the choices are endless. Enjoy!
Matcha Green Tea Latte
- 2 tsp. Matcha powder
- 2 cups milk (of your choice)
- sweetener, optional and to your liking
Blender Method (Using a high-powered blender)
- Place all of the ingredients in a high powered blender jar, turn the machine on and increase speed to high. Blend until frothy and hot.
- Serve immediately.
- On the stove top, warm 2 cups of milk of your choice until hot.
- In each mug, add one teaspoon of matcha powder with a little bit of hot water. Whisk the matcha and water to make a thick smooth paste.
- Pour hot milk into the paste and stir. If desired you can add a sweetener here. If you own a milk frother, you could use it to froth the top of your latte.
- Nutrition facts based on 1% milk and no sugar or other sweetener.