Last Updated on January 1, 2021 by Sweet and Savoury Pursuits
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my affiliate disclosure for more details.
Use your high-powered blender or stovetop to make a comforting, healthy and perfectly foamy Matcha Green Tea Latte in the comfort of your own home.Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
My favourite hot drink to make at home so far is this simple Matcha Green Tea Latte. I love Matcha and since it has beneficial health properties, I like adding it to as many recipes as I can.
This recipe for Matcha Latte is a simple one. Feel free to add flavour extracts such as almond or vanilla to switch up the flavour of your drink.
I love to taste the flavour of Matcha so I like my latte as pure as possible. You can use whichever milk and sweetener you prefer, so the choices are endless.
If you are watching your caffeine intake you should know that because matcha tea is made with the entire tea leaf it does contains caffeine.
How to Make a Matcha Latte
I've discovered I could make the most delightful lattes and hot drinks in my high-powered blender. So now when I want to enjoy a hot foamy drink, all I do is put my ingredients in the blender and let it do all the work for me.
- Matcha tea
- Milk (of your choice). For a vegan matcha latte, use non-dairy milk. I like using almond milk or coconut milk since the flavour of almonds and coconut pairs really well with matcha.
- Sweetener (optional and to your liking). For a non-refined and vegan-friendly sweetener, I suggest using maple syrup.
To make a Matcha Latte in your high powered blender, add the milk of your choice, matcha powder, vanilla or almond extract (if using) and sweetener to the jar of your blender.
Turn the machine on and increase the speed to high. Blend until the tea is frothy and hot.
If you don't own a high-powered blender you could still make a matcha latte at home using your stovetop. On the stovetop, warm 2 cups of milk of your choice until hot. If using an extract to flavour your latte, you can add it to your milk.
In each mug, add one teaspoon of matcha powder with a little bit of hot water. Whisk the matcha and water to make a thick smooth paste.
Add hot milk into the paste and stir. If desired, add a sweetener to taste. If you own a milk frother, you could use it to froth the top of your latte.
Calories in a Matcha Latte:
The amount of calories in your matcha latte will depend on which milk you use as well as the amount of sweetener chosen. When using 1% dairy milk, and no sweetener, there are 114 calories in one serving of this Matcha Tea Latte.
If you make this recipe let me know how it went for you in the comment section below. I'd love to know if you made any variations to the recipe and how it worked out. And if you take a picture, share it with me on Instagram by tagging #sweetandsavourypursuits, I love to see your photos!
Matcha Green Tea Latte
- 2 tsp. Matcha powder
- 2 cups milk (of your choice)
- sweetener, optional and to your liking
Blender Method (Using a high-powered blender)
- Place all of the ingredients in a high powered blender jar, turn the machine on and increase speed to high. Blend until frothy and hot.
- Serve immediately.
- On the stovetop, warm 2 cups of milk of your choice until hot.
- In each mug, add one teaspoon of matcha powder with a little bit of hot water. Whisk the matcha and water to make a thick smooth paste.
- Pour hot milk into the paste and stir. If desired you can add a sweetener here. If you own a milk frother, you could use it to froth the top of your latte.
- Nutrition facts based on 1% milk and no sugar or other sweetener.
This post was originally published in February 2017. It has been updated.