Ready in less than 30 minutes, this creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta makes a great weeknight meal that everyone will love!Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
This Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta is a delicious easy dish that can be prepared quickly with only a few ingredients. It's a great option when you need something in a hurry and it just perfect for weeknight dinners as it can be on the table in less than 30 minutes.
If you have picky eaters in your household then you know how important it is to have good healthy recipes that are easily adaptable, this recipe is perfect for that.
There is so much flexibility with this pasta dish. You can toss in some cooked chicken, sausage, ground beef or shrimp for added protein. You can also add some cooked veggies such as spinach, onions or mushrooms. Black olives would also be a delicious addition.
Sun-dried tomato pesto is packed with concentrated flavour which means that this dish can taste great with very little effort.
Mascarpone cheese is a rich, thick and creamy cow’s milk cheese that has a mild flavour and can be used in sweet or savoury dishes. Adding it to this dish with a bit of the reserved cooking liquid from the pasta and the sun-dried tomato pesto makes this pasta dish nice and creamy.
You can adjust how creamy your pasta is by adding more or less mascarpone cheese and adding a bit more of the pasta water to adjust the consistency.
Best of all, this is a kid-friendly recipe that will make everyone happy. Enjoy!
More Pasta Dishes
- Creamy Chicken Noodle and Vegetable Soup
- Tomato Orzo Soup
- Easy Spaghetti Meat Sauce
- Shrimp, Spinach and Goat Cheese Penne
Sundried Tomato Pesto Pasta
- 1/2 lb. dried medium-sized pasta
- 1/4 cup mascarpone
- 4 tbsp. sundried tomato pesto
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano more for serving
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Fresh basil Leaves
- Over high heat, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook according to package directions.
- When the pasta is al dente, remove 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking liquid before draining the pasta.
- Return the drained pasta to the pot and add the mascarpone, pesto and Parmigiano and stir over low heat. Slowly add just enough of the reserved water to the pasta until you have achieved the desired creaminess.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper. Add fresh basil leaves and serve with more Parmigiano.