Last Updated on June 19, 2020 by Sweet and Savoury Pursuits
The combination of flavours and textures in this recipe will have you craving this Asian Salad with Peanut Butter Dressing full of crunchy and healthy vegetables over and over again!Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
The peanut butter dressing in this Asian style salad is sweet, salty, sour and just slightly spicy. It makes this dish so delicious and addictive you'll want to have this salad every day of the week!
This salad can be enjoyed as a light meal or you can add some protein like grilled chicken, shrimp or even tofu to make this a more substantial dish.
There are many ingredients in this salad. And though it takes a bit of time to prepare, it does make a lot and will last a few days (without the dressing) in the refrigerator. It's really perfect for prepping healthy work lunches.
The recipe makes quite a bit of peanut butter dressing, make sure to keep it refrigerated and it will last for days. You can use the leftover peanut butter dressing to top these easy Chicken and Vegetable Lettuce Bundles.
Complete your meal with these other Asian inspired recipes
- Baked Thai Chicken Wings with Peanut Sauce
- Sticky Hoisin-Soy Chicken Drumsticks
- Thai Baked Salmon with Cilantro-Chili Sauce
If you make this recipe let me know how it went for you in the comment section below. I'd love to know if you made any variations to the recipe and how it worked out. And if you take a picture, share it with me on Instagram by tagging #sweetandsavourypursuits, I love to see your photos!
Asian Salad with Peanut Butter Dressing
- 6 cups of chopped Napa cabbage
- 3 cups bean sprouts
- 1 ½ cups grated carrots
- 1 ½ cups fresh sugar snap peas trimmed and sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper sliced
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- ½ cup of chopped cilantro
- ½ cup roughly chopped peanuts more to taste
PEANUT BUTTER DRESSING:
- ½ cup all natural peanut butter or regular
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Sriracha hot sauce
- ¼ cup roughly chopped peanuts
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ⅓ cup water more for a thinner dressing
- Combine and toss all of the washed and chopped vegetables in a large bowl.
- In the blender, add all of the dressing ingredients and blend until all ingredients are well blended and dressing is smooth. When ready to serve add desired amount of dressing on salad and toss.
- Note that you will need to thin out the dressing with a bit of water after it has been refrigerated. Just add a few drops of water at a time and mix well until you have the desired consistency.
Subscribe to our mailing list to receive notification of new posts in your inbox: