The sweet, salty, sour and just slightly spicy peanut butter dressing will keep you craving this Asian salad full of crunchy and healthy vegetables!
This Asian Salad with Peanut Butter Dressing can be enjoyed as a light meal or you can add some protein like grilled chicken, shrimp or even tofu to make this a more substantial dish. There are many ingredients in this salad and although it takes a bit of time to prepare it, it does make a lot and will last a few days (without the dressing) in the refrigerator. Perfect for prepping healthy work lunches.
The recipe makes quite a bit of peanut butter dressing, make sure to keep it refrigerated and it will last for days. ? If you love this peanut butter dressing as much as I do, make sure try it on top of these easy Chicken and Vegetable Lettuce Bundles.
Asian Salad with Peanut Butter Dressing
- 6 cups of chopped Napa cabbage
- 3 cups bean sprouts
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1 1/2 cups fresh sugar snap peas trimmed and sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper sliced
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped peanuts more to taste
PEANUT BUTTER DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter or regular
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Sriracha hot sauce
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup water more for a thinner dressing
Combine and toss all of the washed and chopped vegetables in a large bowl.
In the blender, add all of the dressing ingredients and blend until all ingredients are well blended and dressing is smooth. When ready to serve add desired amount of dressing on salad and toss.
Note that you will need to thin out the dressing with a bit of water after it has been refrigerated. Just add a few drops of water at a time and mix well until you have the desired consistency.
Complete your Asian style meal with this main: