This easy recipe for a delicious, creamy and healthy iced Coffee Smoothie includes peanut butter, chocolate and banana. It's perfect for breakfast and will help you get your day started right!Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
If there's one thing I love about smoothies is how quick and easy they are. Though smoothies are not my favourite way to get my breakfast, there are days when all I have time for is a smoothie. And if I can incorporate my coffee into a smoothie then I'm a happy woman.
How to Make it
This smoothie recipe is adaptable to suit your preferences. You can add or eliminate ingredients depending on your own likes and dislikes.
- Coffee. You'll need cold coffee for this smoothie. If you want to drink this smoothie first thing in the morning, you'll need to use cold-brew or instant coffee or espresso granules.
- Unsweetened almond milk. Or your favourite milk.
- Peanut butter. Natural or regular peanut butter will work.
- Cocoa powder
- Honey or other sweetener. If you don't like your coffee sweet you may leave out the honey from the recipe entirely or if you like it extra sweet then you may want to add a bit more. You can also use maple syrup, sugar or another sweetener instead of honey for a vegan coffee smoothie.
- Ground cinnamon
- Ice cubes
If you want an extra caffeine kick you can add an extra teaspoon of instant espresso, it will dissolve and blend in perfectly without a trace of any coffee grinds.
To make the smoothie, add the ingredients to the jar of your blender. Blend on high until the ingredients are well blended. Taste to adjust sweetness to your liking and serve immediately.
And if you like your smoothie extra thick you may want to put in a full banana or add more peanut butter.
If you are a fan of anything coffee flavoured then you will want to take a look at this Mascarpone Espresso Cream and Amaretti Parfaits. It's a no-bake dessert that's perfect for those hot summer days.
More Delicious Smoothies
Sweet and Savoury Pursuits is now on Facebook. Like us on Facebook to follow Sweet and Savoury Pursuits!
- ½ cup cold-brew coffee or dissolve one to two teaspoons of instant coffee in a bit of hot water, stir and add enough cold water to get half a cup.
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk or your favourite milk
- ½ banana
- 2 tbsp. natural peanut butter or regular peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder unsweetened
- 2 tsp. honey or other sweetener
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- In a blender, add cold coffee, almond milk, half a banana, peanut butter, cocoa, honey, a dash of cinnamon and 1 cup of ice cubes.
- Blend on high until all ingredients are well blended.
- Serve immediately.
- If using instant coffee, dissolve one to two teaspoons of instant coffee in a bit of hot water, stir and add enough cold water to have half a cup of coffee.