Last Updated on November 18, 2020 by Sweet and Savoury Pursuits
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my affiliate disclosure for more details.
These easy, made from scratch, fudgy Nutella Hazelnut Brownies are super tasty, gooey, chewy and loaded with delicious toasted hazelnut pieces.Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
There are so many delicious treats you can bake with Nutella. One of my favourites is this Mini Nutella Swirl Cheesecakes recipe. The cheesecakes are a fantastic treat but do take effort and time to make.
This recipe for Nutella brownies is much quicker and easier and really satisfies that need for nutellaey (that's a word, right 😉), gooey, chewy, fudgy brownies. So if you're looking for an insanely delicious and easy homemade brownie recipe that can be put together quickly, this is the recipe for you!
This simple fudgy Nutella Hazelnut Brownies recipe is adapted from Ricardo's Nutella Brownies recipe.
How to Make Nutella Brownies from Scratch
This recipe requires only a few basic ingredients. Most of which are probably already in your pantry.
- All-purpose or whole wheat pastry flour
- Nutella or another chocolate hazelnut spread
- Brown sugar, can be substituted with granulated sugar
- Butter, you'll need unsalted, though semi-salted can be used.
- Vanilla extract
- Toasted hazelnuts
The toasted chopped hazelnuts give the brownies even more hazelnut flavour and some added texture. If you don't like your brownies studded with nuts you can substitute with dark chocolate chips or chunks. You'll find these brownies are delicious with or without the hazelnuts.
You'll need an 8 by 8 baking pan to make these brownies. I like to line my pan with parchment paper, this makes it easier to lift the brownies out of the pan once they're baked.
Start by melting your butter and let it cool slightly while you prepare the remainder of the ingredients. Combine the flour and salt in a small bowl.
Then in the bowl of your mixer combine the Nutella, eggs, sugar and vanilla. Blend until the mixture is creamy. On low speed, add the flour alternating with the melted butter until no traces of flour remain. Add the chopped hazelnuts and mix to incorporate the hazelnuts into the batter.
Spread the batter into the pan and bake for approximately 30 to 35 minutes. If you like your brownies gooey then you will want to test with a toothpick and make sure there are still some wet crumbs. If you know your oven runs hot then check the brownies earlier.
Once they are baked to your liking, remove them from the oven and let the brownies cool at least 15 minutes on a rack before lifting them out and slicing.
How to serve:
Serve brownies on their own at room temperature or still slightly warm with a scoop of ice cream.
How to store:
Store Nutella Brownies in an airtight container at room temperature. Leftover brownies can be frozen in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to three months.
If you're looking to indulge in some homebaked goods but are not in the mood for spending a lot of time in the kitchen, give these fudgy Nutella brownies a go, you'll be glad you did. Enjoy!
More Amazing Brownie Recipes
- Gluten-Free Almond Flour Brownies
- Salted Carmel Chip Brownies
- Spicy Chocolate Brownies
- Triple Chocolate Brownies
If you make this recipe let me know how it went for you in the comment section below. I'd love to know if you made any variations to the recipe and how it worked out. And if you take a picture, share it with me on Instagram by tagging #sweetandsavourypursuits, I love to see your photos!
Nutella Hazelnut Brownies
- ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour or all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Nutella or other chocolate hazelnut spread
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup melted unsalted butter cooled slightly
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped toasted* hazelnuts * see notes below on how to toast hazelnuts
- Place a rack in the centre of your oven and preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Grease the bottom and sides of an 8-inch square pan or line with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on all sides.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl combine the flour and salt.
- In the bowl of your mixer, combine the eggs, vanilla, Nutella and brown sugar. Mix on medium speed until the mixture is creamy.
- Beating on low speed, add the flour, alternating with the melted butter to the creamed mixture and beat until there are no traces of flour.
- Add the chopped hazelnuts and stir until they are well distributed in the batter.
- Spread the brownie batter in the baking pan and bake for approximately 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out with some still wet and gooey crumbs.
- Let brownies cool, then slice with a sharp knife into 16 pieces.
- Toast the hazelnuts in a 350ºF oven for about 10 minutes or until they begin to colour. Wrap the hazelnuts in a kitchen towel and rub them in the towel to remove the loose skins. Let cool and chop coarsely.
- Using parchment paper to line the baking pan and leaving an overhang on opposite ends makes it easier to lift the bars out of the pan for cutting into even portions.
- There are approximately 235 calories in 1 serving of this recipe for Nutella Hazelnut Brownies.
Subscribe to our mailing list to receive notification of new posts in your inbox: