These scrumptious Nutella and Hazelnut Brownies are gooey, chewy, fudgy, and loaded with delicious toasted hazelnut pieces.Print Recipe Jump to Recipe
If you’re looking for an insanely delicious and easy homemade brownie recipe that can be put together quickly, this is the one for you!
About these Nutella and Hazelnut Brownies
Have you ever tried Nutella Brownies? Well, if you haven’t you don’t know what you’re missing, and if you have then you’ll understand why I’m completely addicted to them. This recipe for Nutella and Hazelnut Brownies is a slight adaptation from the recipe for Nutella Brownies on the Ricardocuisine.com website. These brownies are perfectly gooey, chewy, fudgy, and loaded with toasted hazelnut chunks.
If you don’t like nuts in brownies then go ahead and omit them because these brownies are delicious with or without the hazelnuts. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour or all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Nutella or other chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter cooled slightly
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped toasted* hazelnuts
- Place a rack in the centre of your oven and preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 8-inch square pan or line with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on all sides.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl combine the flour and salt.
- In the bowl of your mixer, combine the eggs, vanilla, Nutella and brown sugar. Mix on medium speed until the mixture is creamy.
- Beating on low speed, add the flour, alternating with the melted butter to the creamed mixture and beat until there are no traces of flour.
- Add the chopped hazelnuts and stir until they are well distributed in the batter.
- Spread the brownie batter in the baking pan and bake for approximately 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out with some still wet and gooey crumbs.
- Let brownies cool, then slice with a sharp knife into 16 pieces.