Enjoy delicious slices of this easy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Loaf plain, toasted with butter and honey, jelly or for a more decadent treat Nutella.Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
This delicious peanut butter and chocolate chip bread recipe is for all the peanut butter lovers looking for a different way to incorporate peanut butter into their baked goods. Though there are already so many recipes that combine these two ingredients, there’s always room for one extra easy peanut butter and chocolate recipe in our repertoire.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bread
This recipe includes a whole cup of peanut butter so you can actually taste the peanut butter in the bread. I also use some whole wheat pastry flour to increase the nutrition factor, a bit of brown sugar for some sweetness and some chocolate chips to make the kiddies extra happy. This recipe is easy to make and is a great opportunity to invite the kids into the kitchen and get them involved in making this bread with you.
You can also freeze the loaf or part of it for up to three months. Just make sure to wrap well in plastic wrap and then store it in a freezer bag. To thaw the bread, remove it from the freezer and let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
How to Eat Peanut Butter Bread
This Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Loaf is an easy way to have a quick breakfast and makes a great afternoon snack with a tall glass of milk. It’s also great for serving at brunches. I think you’ll find many fun ways to eat this bread. Top slices with butter, jam or Nutella. Or again, toast slices of this bread and spread butter and honey on them or even peanut butter with slices of banana.
More Peanut Butter Treats
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cocoa Quinoa Puffs and Peanut Butter Squares
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cheesecake
If you make this recipe let me know how it went for you in the comment section below. I’d love to know if you made any variations to the recipe and how it worked out. And if you take a picture, share it with me on Instagram by tagging #sweetandsavourypursuits, I love to see your photos!
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Loaf
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter smooth
- 1 cup milk I used 2%
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips regular or mini
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour one 9x5x3- inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the sugar and peanut butter until well combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until incorporated.
- Mixing on low speed, add half the flour mixture, then half the milk, mix until blended and then repeat by adding the rest of the flour and milk. Mix until all the flour is incorporated, scrape the bowl and then continue mixing until batter is smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake until the loaf is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the loaves comes out clean, about 50 to 55 minutes.
- Cool in the pan on a rack for 15 minutes and then turn the loaf out unto a wire rack to cool.
- Whole wheat pastry flour can be substituted with all-purpose flour.
- Loaf can be frozen for up to three months. Wrap loaf with plastic wrap and place in freezer bag. Thaw overnight in refrigerator.
Subscribe to our mailing list to receive notification of new posts in your inbox: