These easy, no-bake Cocoa Quinoa Puffs and Peanut Butter Squares are chewy, chocolatey, peanut buttery and gluten-free. They make a delicious afternoon snack!Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
These Cocoa Quinoa Puffs and Peanut Butter Squares are similar to rice crispy squares but use chocolate flavoured quinoa puffs instead of rice crispy cereal. I've included peanut butter in the recipe because chocolate and peanut butter are so delicious together.
You will love this recipe because it has only 5 ingredients and is very quick to prepare. It also offers you a good dose of protein coming from both the cocoa quinoa puffed cereal and the peanut butter.
How to Store
Store the squares in an airtight container at room temperature up to five days.
If you love peanut butter you might also want to try these Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies, you'll love them!
Cocoa Quinoa Puffs and Peanut Butter SquaresSweet and Savoury Pursuits
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups marshmallows I counted 21 regular sized marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2-¼ cups cocoa quinoa puffed cereal
- In a medium-sized saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat.
- Add the marshmallows to the melted butter and stir constantly until the marshmallows have melted and are smooth.
- Turn the heat off and add the peanut butter and vanilla, stir well.
- Add the cocoa quinoa puffs and mix until well blended.
- Either butter an 8×8 square baking pan or line it with parchment paper (lightly butter the paper) and evenly spread the mixture in the pan.
- Let cool and then portion into the desired size, I cut it into 16 pieces.