Baby spinach, crunchy almonds, red onions, and clementines bursting with sweet juice are combined to make this delicious Spinach and Clementine Salad.
I just love this Spinach and Clementine Salad. In fact, I have become somewhat addicted to it and have had it at least 4 times in the last 10 days! What’s really great about it is that it is made up of complementing flavours and contrasting textures. The baby spinach with the soft goat cheese and the crunchy almonds, the sweet clementines and the sharp flavour of the red onions all come together to make a simple yet yummy spinach salad.
This salad, filled with nutrient-rich ingredients, is so delicious and so quick to put together that you will probably find yourself making it more often than other salads. The salad will serve four people as a starter or a side, but if you are having it as a main, there will probably only be enough for 2-3, depending on your appetite!
Spinach and Clementine Salad
For the Salad:
- 5 cups packed baby spinach washed
- 4-5 clementines peeled and segmented
- 1/4 cup unsalted toasted Marcona almonds (or regular almonds) coarsely chopped
- 1/4 small red onion sliced into thin slivers
- 2 tbsp crumbled soft goat cheese more to taste
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. pure apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- For the dressing, combine the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt and pepper and whisk until the dressing has emulsified. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, top the baby spinach with the clementines, red onion, almonds, and goat cheese. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss well or serve the dressing on the side.