Baby spinach, crunchy almonds, red onions, and clementines bursting with sweet juice are combined to make this refreshing, easy and nutritious Spinach and Clementine Salad.Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
I just love this Spinach and Clementine Salad. In fact, I have become addicted to it and make it as much as I can when fresh clementines are in season. The baby spinach combined with the soft goat cheese, the crunchy almonds, the sweet clementines (or mandarins) and the sharp flavour of the red onions make this salad extra tasty. And since clementines are popular during the holiday period, I find this salad perfect for serving during the winter and holiday season.
About this Spinach Salad
What’s really great about this spinach based salad is that it’s made with only a handful of simple to find nutrient-rich ingredients. But all of the complementing flavours and contrasting textures of the ingredients come together to form a delicious and healthy salad. Because this salad only has a few ingredients, it’s also quick to make which means you’ll find yourself making it more often than other salads.
Dressing for Spinach Clementine Salad
Since this spinach salad is packed with flavourful ingredients, all you need is a simple vinaigrette to dress it with. The dressing is easy to make and only requires a few ingredients. All you’ll need is some extra-virgin olive oil, pure apple cider vinegar, a touch of honey and some salt and freshly ground pepper. If desired, you could also add a touch of crushed garlic to the dressing.
This salad will serve four people as a starter or a side. If you are having it as a main, there will probably only be enough for 2 to 3, depending on your appetite. Simply double the salad and dressing ingredients to feed a larger group. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe be sure to take a picture and share it with me on Instagram by tagging #sweetandsavourypursuits, I love to see your photos!
For the Salad:
- 5 cups packed baby spinach washed
- 4-5 clementines peeled and segmented
- 1/4 cup unsalted toasted Marcona almonds (or regular almonds) coarsely chopped
- 1/4 small red onion sliced into thin slivers
- 2 tbsp crumbled soft goat cheese more to taste
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. pure apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- For the dressing, combine the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt and pepper and whisk until the dressing has emulsified. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, top the baby spinach with the clementines, red onion, almonds, and goat cheese. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss well or serve the dressing on the side.