Use leftover roast chicken to easily and quickly make these delicious Asian style Chicken and Vegetable Lettuce Bundles.
With the weather getting warmer I've been craving lighter meals with lots of crispy and refreshing vegetables that don't take forever to put together.
These delicious Chicken and Vegetable Lettuce Bundles can be made with leftover roast chicken and come together quickly and easily.
Here's an overview of the ingredients and steps for making these Asian style lettuce bundles. The complete recipe can be found at the end of this post.
- Roasted chicken
- Boston lettuce
- Red bell pepper
- English cucumber
- Green onions
- Hoisin sauce
- Chopped cilantro
- Peanuts (optional)
Shred the amount of chicken you need.
Wash and slice your vegetables. I like to use my mandolin to slice up the vegetables quickly. I used carrots, cucumber, sweet red bell pepper and green onions.
Add some fresh cilantro (you can leave it out if you don't like it) and some chopped peanuts.
Pile all the vegetables up in little bundles on a large plate.
How to Serve
Your guests can make their own bundles and choose the veggies they prefer.
I like to serve these Chicken and Vegetable Lettuce Bundles with Hoisin sauce, but it's also delicious with the peanut butter dressing from this Asian Salad recipe.
More Asian Inspired Recipes
- Sticky Hoisin-Soy Chicken Drumsticks
- Thai Baked Salmon with Cilantro-Chili Sauce
- Baked Thai Chicken Wings with Peanut Sauce
Chicken and Vegetable Lettuce Bundles
- 1 whole breast of a roasted chicken you can use dark chicken meat as well
- 1 Boston lettuce head
- 2 medium carrots
- ½ medium red bell pepper
- ¼ English cucumber
- 2 green onions
- ½ cup Hoisin sauce more to taste
- ½ cup chopped cilantro optional
- ½ cup roughly chopped peanuts optional
- Reheat leftover roast chicken breast and shred it.
- Wash and dry the lettuce leaves, set aside.
- Wash and thinly slice all vegetables into strips.
- Set the lettuce leaves, all sliced vegetables and cilantro on a tray. Place the chicken on a separate plate. Prepare a bowl with Hoisin sauce and another with chopped peanuts.
- Let people make their own bundles by spooning ingredients onto lettuce leaves, sprinkling with chopped peanuts and topping with Hoisin sauce.