Use leftover roast chicken to easily and quickly create a new dish by making these simple and delicious Chicken and Vegetable Lettuce Bundles.
It’s getting warmer out there, so lately I’ve been wanting lighter meals with lots of crispy and refreshing vegetables. Being short on time, I thought I would make use of some leftover roast chicken to make these delicious Chicken and Vegetable Lettuce Bundles.
This meal is easy and quick to put together. I used cold leftover roasted chicken and shredded it. You could also warm up the chicken if you prefer. Grabbed fresh vegetables from my fridge, I had carrots, cucumber, sweet red bell pepper and green onions. I made use of my mandolin slicer to slice up the vegetables quickly. Added some fresh cilantro and chopped up some peanuts. I piled up everything on a plate in little bundles, this way people could choose the veggies they prefer. I plan on serving these Chicken and Vegetable Lettuce Bundles with Hoisin sauce, but it would also be delicious with the peanut butter dressing from this Asian Salad with Peanut Butter Dressing recipe.
Chicken and Vegetable Lettuce Bundles
- 1 whole breast of a roasted chicken you can use dark chicken meat as well
- 1 Boston lettuce head
- 2 medium carrots
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper
- 1/4 English cucumber
- 2 green onions
- 1/2 cup Hoisin sauce more to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro optional
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped peanuts optional
Reheat leftover roast chicken breast and shred it.
- Wash and dry the lettuce leaves, set aside.
- Wash and thinly slice all vegetables into strips.
- Set the lettuce leaves, all sliced vegetables and cilantro on a tray. Place the chicken on a separate plate. Prepare a bowl with Hoisin sauce and another with chopped peanuts.
- Let people make their own bundles by spooning ingredients onto lettuce leaves, sprinkling with chopped peanuts and topping with Hoisin sauce.