Use leftover roast chicken to easily and quickly create a new dish by making these simple and delicious Chicken and Vegetable Lettuce Bundles.Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
With the weather getting warmer I've been craving lighter meals with lots of crispy and refreshing vegetables. Being short on time, I used some leftover roast chicken to make these delicious Chicken and Vegetable Lettuce Bundles.
This meal is easy and quick to put together. I like to serve it cold, and use leftover chicken straight from the refrigerator but you can warm up the chicken if you prefer it that way. Shred the amount of chicken you need.
Wash and slice your vegetables. I used carrots, cucumber, sweet red bell pepper and green onions. I like to use my mandolin to slice up the vegetables quickly. Add some fresh cilantro (you can leave it out if you don't like it) and some chopped peanuts.
Pile all the vegetables up in little bundles on a large plate. Your guests can make their own bundles and choose the veggies they prefer. I like to serve these Chicken and Vegetable Lettuce Bundles with Hoisin sauce, but it's also delicious with the peanut butter dressing from this Asian Salad recipe.
Chicken and Vegetable Lettuce Bundles
- 1 whole breast of a roasted chicken you can use dark chicken meat as well
- 1 Boston lettuce head
- 2 medium carrots
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper
- 1/4 English cucumber
- 2 green onions
- 1/2 cup Hoisin sauce more to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro optional
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped peanuts optional
- Reheat leftover roast chicken breast and shred it.
- Wash and dry the lettuce leaves, set aside.
- Wash and thinly slice all vegetables into strips.
- Set the lettuce leaves, all sliced vegetables and cilantro on a tray. Place the chicken on a separate plate. Prepare a bowl with Hoisin sauce and another with chopped peanuts.
- Let people make their own bundles by spooning ingredients onto lettuce leaves, sprinkling with chopped peanuts and topping with Hoisin sauce.