This Smoked Salmon and Boursin Crostini appetizer is made with only a few ingredients, can be assembled in minutes and is sure to impress your guests.Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
Hosting dinner parties can be so much fun. But preparing for them can be challenging when we lead busy lives.
If you are trying to figure out something special to serve that is delicious, quick and easy to prepare, consider this elegant appetizer made with cold-smoked salmon and Boursin cheese.
Appetizers made with smoked salmon are a favourite with family and friends. Though both cold and hot smoked salmon are delicious, I love using cold smoked salmon to make simple appetizers like this Smoked Salmon Crostini or this Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Dip.
How to Make it
This Smoked Salmon and Boursin Crostini is made with only 6 ingredients. It's ready in minutes and looks beautiful and classy once assembled.
- Olive oil
- Smoked salmon
- Boursin, Garlic & Fine Herbs flavour.
- Sour cream. I like to use full fat sour cream
- Smoked pepper (optional, but so good)
- Fresh chives (optional)
You can prepare parts of this canapé ahead of time by toasting your slices of baguette and combining the ingredients of the Boursin spread the day before the party.
Just refrigerate the spread and keep the crostini in a container at room temperature until you're ready to assemble the appetizer.
To make the spread, combine the Boursin cheese with the sour cream by whisking it vigorously to form a velvety smooth cream that can be easily spread.
Spread a dollop of the mixture on the crostini and then lay a slice of smoked salmon on top.
If desired, sprinkle with a tiny amount of ground smoked pepper (or regular pepper) and top with a spear or two of fresh chives. Et voilà, you're all done!
How to Serve
You'll want to serve the smoked salmon and Boursin cheese canapés shortly after assembling them. I like to serve them along with a platter of cheese, crackers and fruit and these savory Roasted Almonds.
I assure you every bite of this appetizer is scrumptious and your guests will devour them!
More Easy Appetizers
Smoked Salmon and Boursin Crostini
- 24 slices of baguette (that’s about 1/2 baguette sliced into 1/4-inch rounds)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 115 grams smoked salmon
- 7 tbsp. Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs
- 7 tbsp. sour cream I used full fat
- ½ tsp. smoked pepper (optional but so good)
- a few sprigs of fresh chives optional
- Place a rack 6 inches from the broiler element and heat the broiler on high.
- Set the slices of baguette on a baking sheet. Brush the tops with a little olive oil.
- Place the baking sheet under the broiler and toast the bread until they are crispy and lightly golden on top, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk the Boursin cheese with the sour cream until you have a lump free creamy consistency.
- Take the crostini and spread the creamy cheese on top. Place the smoked salmon over the cheese spread and sprinkle with a tiny bit of smoked pepper (if you have it).
- To finish, garnish with fresh chives.
- Serve immediately.
- The moisture from the Boursin cheese will soften the crostini somewhat so it's best to serve these as soon as possible after you've assembled them.
This post was originally published in January 2015. The post has been updated.