This Smoked Salmon and Boursin Crostini is made with only a few ingredients, can be assembled in minutes and is sure to impress your guests.Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
Hosting can be so much fun, but when we lead very busy lives it can leave us with little time to prepare for dinner parties. If you are ever left scrambling trying to figure out something special to serve that is quick to prepare, then consider this delicious Smoked Salmon and Boursin Crostini.
Smoked Salmon Appetizer
Appetizers made with smoked salmon are a favourite with my family and friends. Though I enjoy both cold and hot smoked salmon, I love using cold smoked salmon to make easy appetizers like this Smoked Salmon Crostini or this Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Dip.
How to Make Smoked Salmon Crostini
This Smoked Salmon and Boursin Crostini is made with 6 ingredients. It’s ready in minutes and looks beautiful once assembled. You can prepare some of this appetizer ahead of time by toasting your slices of baguette and letting them cool until you are just about ready to party!
To make this appetizer, combine the Boursin cheese with the sour cream by whisking it vigorously to form a velvety smooth cream that can be easily spread. Spread some of the mixture on the crostini and then lay a slice of smoked salmon on top. If desired, sprinkle with a tiny amount of ground smoked pepper (or regular pepper) and top with a spear or two of fresh chives. Et voilà, you’re done!
I assure you every bite of this appetizer is scrumptious! I hope you will love it as well. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe be sure to take a picture and share it with me on Instagram by tagging #sweetandsavourypursuits, I love to see your photos!
- 24 slices of baguette (that’s about 1/2 baguette sliced into 1/4-inch rounds)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 7 tbsp. Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs
- 7 tbsp. sour cream I used full fat
- 1/2 tsp. smoked pepper (optional but so good)
- a few sprigs of fresh chives optional
- Place a rack 6 inches from the broiler element and heat the broiler on high.
- Set the slices of baguette on a baking sheet. Brush the tops with a little olive oil.
- Place the baking sheet under the broiler and toast the bread until they are crispy and lightly golden on top, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk the Boursin cheese with the sour cream until you have a lump free creamy consistency.
- Take the crostini and spread the creamy cheese on top. Place the smoked salmon over the cheese spread and sprinkle with a tiny bit of smoked pepper (if you have it).
- To finish, garnish with fresh chives.
- Serve immediately.