Make these addictive, quick and easy Baked Sweet Potatoes with Feta Cheese for a nutrient loaded side dish or snack.Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
These sweet potato wedges are seasoned with a combination of spices and herbs and then baked until perfectly tender and nicely browned. Topped with softened feta cheese they make an addictive dish!
Healthy Sweet Potato Wedges
If taste alone isn’t a good enough reason to make this Baked Sweet Potatoes with Feta Cheese dish, then make it for the many health benefits of sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes are high in fibre and loaded with vitamin A and nutrients that are essential to our good health.
How to Make Sweet Potato Wedges
The next best thing about this recipe is how simple and quick the preparation is. All you need to do is peel and cut the sweet potatoes into wedges and season them with a bit of olive oil and spices. The feta cheese gets put in the oven part way through the baking, just long enough to soften it. Combine the cheese with a touch of yogurt and some dried oregano and you’ve got a delicious condiment for the sweet potatoes.
- 2 lbs. sweet potatoes about 4 medium
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp. sumac optional
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 ounces Feta cheese
- 1 tbsp plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare a sheet of foil paper by folding it to hold the bloc of feta cheese. Place the cheese on the foil and set aside.
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into wedges.
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with olive oil, dried oregano, chilli flakes, sumac, salt and pepper.
- Spread sweet potatoes in a single layer onto baking sheet and bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, turn the sweet potatoes and add the feta cheese (in the foil container) onto the baking tray. Bake for an additional 10 to 12 minutes until potatoes are tender and nicely browned and the feta cheese has softened.
- Remove the baked Feta cheese from the tray place it in a small bowl and add the yogurt and oregano. Mix well. Serve cheese mixture on the side or top sweet potatoes with it.