An easy, quick and versatile recipe for Roasted Grape Tomatoes. The roasted tomatoes can be used in an appetizer, as a base in a tomato sauce or served as a side dish.Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
Only 5 ingredients and less than 30 minutes are needed to make these delicious Roasted Grape Tomatoes. This simple recipe is great to have on hand and can be used for roasting a variety of fresh tomatoes.
What to do with Oven-Roasted Tomatoes
Roasted tomatoes can be used as a topping for crostini. Toast slices of baguette, spread them with a bit of goat cheese (or other cheese) and top them with the roasted tomatoes. Top the crostini with a sprinkling of herbs. Basil, oregano or thyme would all be delicious.
You can also use the roasted tomatoes in a soup, as a base for a pasta sauce or to top a simple pasta dish.
The most simple way to use roast grape tomatoes would be to serve them as a side dish, you can sprinkle a bit of feta or parmesan cheese on them to make them extra special. I like serving them as a side to this One-Pan Roast Chicken or these Kafta Kababs.
How to Make it
This recipe for Roasted Grape Tomatoes is so simple and quick to make. I love how versatile it is. Feel free to use cherry, grape, or plum tomatoes for this recipe, all will work just fine.
You can add herbs and garlic to the tomatoes before roasting and if you don't like balsamic vinegar you can leave it out.
This dish is quick to prepare and can be put in the oven while you cook the remainder of your meal. Here's an overview of the ingredients and steps. Please see the recipe card at the end of the post for the full recipe.
- Grape tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
To roast the tomatoes, start by pre-heating the oven.
Rinse the tomatoes. If using cherry or grape tomatoes simply leave them whole. For plum tomatoes, chop them into large bite-sized chunks.
Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet, add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss them well to make sure they are well coated and arrange them in a single layer on the baking sheet.
Bake for 20 minutes, stirring once after 10 minutes. Tomatoes are ready when they burst and become caramelized. Larger chunks might take longer to roast, just keep an eye on them and remove them when caramelized.
How to Store
Store leftover roasted tomatoes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Oven roasted grape tomatoes can also be frozen for up to 6 months. Perfect for using in your next tomato sauce or soup.
Recipes Using Grape Tomatoes
- Baked Rainbow Trout Fillet
- White Bean and Tuna Salad
- Mediterranean Kale Salad
- Fattoush (Pita Bread Salad)
Roasted Grape Tomatoes
- 4 cups grape tomatoes can use cherry and plum tomatoes as well
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and pre-heat the oven to 425°F.
- Rinse the grape tomatoes, place them on a baking sheet, add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss them well to make sure the tomatoes are well coated. Arrange the tomatoes in a single layer.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, stirring once after 10 minutes. Tomatoes are ready when they burst and become caramelized.
- Larger tomato chunks might take longer to roast, just keep an eye on them and remove them when caramelized.
- Store leftover roasted tomatoes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. They can also be frozen for up to 6 months.